We have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Advertising Manager to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office. This is a senior position within the advertising department and you will be responsible for over-delivering the advertising revenue as part of a team on one of our retail accounts.
This is a hands-on role that will require you to manage a team, all while ensuring communication and strategy is clear and that the client relationship is being developed positively.
- Develop positive relationships with key suppliers and relevant media agencies from your specified advertising patch
- Drive supplier, agency, trade and retailer-direct relationships to maximise revenue across the portfolio of River
- Ensure you hold positive and effective relationships with the trading team at the retail client at all levels
- Develop and form an extensive supplier base across existing and new suppliers, through face-to-face and call-based relationship in the main
- Develop, propose, cost and implement creative solutions, sponsorship packages and advertorial ideas, including composites, to potential advertisers, working with your wider team to achieve success
- Work closely and pro-actively with the Group Advertising Director, editorial, production and publishing teams to ensure a consistent stream of new ideas and revenue opportunities are developed
- To have a detailed and current knowledge of the client’s market and competitor activity, gained via reading within the trade press and store visits
- To over-achieve the agreed KPI’s and pro-actively book time with your line manager to review them and update them
- Complete regular 1-2-1’s, and performance reviews with your direct reports
- Completing the whole issue cycle from the early stages of a synopsis meeting, to pro-actively pitching and actively selling, completing negotiations successfully, laying out the flat plan, adding the booking and confirmation to SAP and closing an issue with an appropriate report on status, challenges and future solutions
- Exemplary and demonstrable track record in media sales across print and digital
- Experience of leading/managing a sales team
- Previous ads selling experience within the retail space
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga and jog in Hyde Park, often pop down to the pub and offer flexible working hours!
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday, Perkbox scheme
9.00 to 5.30 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
Competitive Salary + Generous Commission Structure
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please press the apply button or get in touch directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.