We have an exciting opportunity for a French-speaking editor to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office. You will work on the French edition of the Weight Watchers magazine ensuring every issue is edited to the standards and brief agreed by the client and publisher.
3 days a week (Perm staff)
- Presenting the editorial plan to the client, amending / revising as necessary.
- Devising the editorial flatplan & outline for each issue for circulation among the River team and client.
- Liaising with the client and chasing down feedback, amends and approval.
- Managing full and final sign-off on all pages.
- Overseeing and commissioning features and feature shoots, confirming brief and fee in writing.
- Editing raw copy before passing to the Subeditor and check edited layouts, ensuring they are on brief, before passing to the Client.
- Keeping abreast of food and well-being trends and competitor magazine output, and additional magazine research as appropriate.
- In conjunction with the Art Director and Publisher, arranging photo shoots and assigning deadlines, ensuring the brief is met.
- Managing editorial budget and ensure all costs fall within budget.
- French native with writing, translating, editing and/or copywriting experience in client-facing publishing.
- Experience of responding to client and agency briefs and being capable of working with an in-house team and managing freelance contributors.
- Experience and/or interest in the main editorial pillars of food, well-being and fitness, is an advantage
- Experience with magazine processes and editing copy on InDesign is desirable
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga and jog in Hyde Park, often pop down to the pub and offer flexible working hours!
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please press the apply button or get in touch directly at email@example.com
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.