Posted: 23 March
Wanted an exacting editor with a passion and flair for all things publishing to deliver the highest quality magazine for a demanding and respected client. The fast-paced monthly magazine sits at the very heart of the Co-op’s core customer offering.
This role requires an editor with vision and skill to be able to sync brand messaging with creative treatments to ensure the magazine produced is as enticing for readers as it is for the key brand stakeholders.
You must have experience of client-facing publishing, have a solid track record in magazine craft at a senior level, the experience of responding to client and agency briefs and be capable of running an in-house team alongside a fleet of freelance contributors.
- To ensure every issue of the print magazine, and associated website/app digital edition is edited to the standards and brief agreed by the client and Group Account Director.
- To be the editorial link with the client and to ensure that the client is dealt with in a professional and supportive way.
- To manage and motivate the in-house team.
- To devise the editorial flatplan & outline for each issue in collaboration with the food editor and the magazine’s associated digital version for circulation among the River team and approval by Group Account Director and Editorial Director.
- To present the editorial plan to the client, amending/revising as necessary.
- Liaising with all client stakeholders & departments over individual briefs (Membership, Agriculture… etc), and chasing down feedback and amends.
- Full responsibility for fulfilling brief from outline to execution.
- Creating and presenting proposals to the client.
- Full and final sign-off on all pages.
- Key day-to-day liaison between client and editorial team.
- Attending photo shoots when required (campaign, client attending).
- Additional magazine research as appropriate e.g. sourcing bloggers.
- Keeping abreast of food trends and competitor magazine & digital output.
- Attending all client-facing meetings/agency briefings and creating bi-monthly presentations charting progress / future plans.
- Overseeing the Content Manager’s digital output: Digi mag, YouTube, Instagram, Pinterest and radio broadcasts.
- Overseeing, with the Content Manager, video output from briefing to editing.
- Overseeing amends to each issue from all departments.
- Providing and ensuring all departments adhere to schedules.
- Overseeing and commissioning features, advertorials and feature shoots, confirming brief and fee in writing ensuring all commissioning forms assigning copyright and contributor agreements are signed and returned.
- Liaising with the Promotions Manager overproduction of competitions and writing promotional pages and content.
- In conjunction with the Art Director, arranging photo shoots and assigning deadlines, ensuring the brief is met.
- To edit raw copy before passing to the Chief Sub and check edited layouts, ensuring they are on brief, before passing to the Client.
- To write heads and sells for the cover and throughout the issue.
- To read and correct proofs, returning proofs to writers and amending briefs if required.
- To sign off all digital/cromalin proofs before files are sent to repro, and to check the Printer’s Proofs before press.
- To ensure that the Editorial and Creative Directors are aware of any changes to the pages, and associated website, that are significant, and of any issues that could affect client relationship, or those which could jeopardise the publication of the magazine.
- To address and reply to any customer complaints about the magazine directed to us from the client.
- To work with the Advertisement Manager to ensure advertisements are on brand and advertorials are on brief.
- To oversee the production of any additional materials where required – e.g. leaflets, promotional material, booklets.
- Agree on the editorial budget and picture/photography budget with Group Account Director and ensure that costs fall within budget.
- Ensure that a purchase order is raised for all work, signing off invoices, and keeping accounts and spending up-to-date.
- Keep the Group Account Director informed of an overspend is foreseen on either editorial or picture budget.
- Booking cover / extra help where appropriate within the team and with the agreement of the Group Account Director.
- Overseeing recipe commissioning, editing and nutrition done by the Food Editor.
Group Account Director
Client and client agencies and suppliers
Chief Sub Editor
To apply please upload your CV to recruitment.