At The River Group, we’re proud to stand at the forefront of the Big Data revolution. We are looking for a passionate data expert to help us tell stories through big data.
We want someone to drive the latest analytic tools and processes, to maximize our offerings and deliver unparalleled services and support to our clients. We’re searching for an experienced data analyst to join our team. The ideal candidate should be highly skilled in all aspects of data analytics, including mining, generation, and visualisation. Additionally, you should be committed to transforming data into readable, goal-driven reports for continued innovation and growth.
- Develop, implement, and maintain analytic processes, taking complicated problems and building data solutions
- Identify trends and opportunities for growth through analysis of complex data sets from multiple data sources
- Continuously evaluate organisational methods and provide source-to-target mappings and information-model specification documents for data sets
- Create best-practice reports based on data mining, analysis, and visualisation
- Evaluate internal systems for efficiency, problems, and inaccuracies, developing and maintaining protocols for handling, processing, and cleaning data
- Work directly with management and users to gather requirements, provide status updates, and build relationships
- Work closely with account managers and editorial teams to understand and maintain focus on their analytical needs, including identifying critical metrics and KPIs, and deliver actionable insights to relevant decision-makers
- Proactively analyse data to answer key questions from account managers and editorial teams or out of self-initiated curiosity with an eye for what drives business performance, investigating and communicating areas for improvement in efficiency and productivity
- Create and maintain rich interactive visualizations through data interpretation and analysis integrating various reporting components from multiple data sources
- Define and implement data acquisition and integration logic, selecting the appropriate combination of methods and tools within defined technology stack to ensure optimal scalability and performance of the solution
- Develop and maintain platform dashboards by acquiring data from primary and secondary sources, and build scripts that will make our data evaluation process more flexible or scalable across data sets
- You will be well versed in taking briefs from and presenting back to the business
- You will demonstrate an ability to write digital data strategies incorporating all modern digital marketing channels
- You will be able to recommend and forecast a set appropriate KPIs
- You will maintain strong relationships with digital media suppliers and keep abreast of all the latest innovations in the industry
- You will have a solid understanding of all digital media channels; Display, Paid Social, Email, PPC & SEO. Awareness of Influencer marketing would also be a benefit
- A love of all thing’s social media; good sense of the different needs by key platform and the data outputs
- Comfortable reporting and presenting findings to senior stakeholders
- Ability to operate within tight time frames and be re-active where needed
- Curious about new trends and data sources
- The ability to present data back in a digestible format in Microsoft Powerpoint or Google Slides.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Computer Science, Economics, or Statistics
- 3+ years experience mining data as a data analyst
- Proven analytic skills, including mining, evaluation, analysis, and visualization
- Technical writing experience in relevant areas, including queries, reports, and presentations
- Strong SQL, Boolean or Excel, Google Sheets skills with the ability to learn other analytic tools
The River Group is a top 10 content marketing agency based in London based 2mins from Marble Arch station. Our building is situated amongst some of London’s finest retail amenities, with an abundance of both high street and independent retailers all just a short walk away on Connaught Street and Oxford Street. Marylebone and Mayfair are also within a five-minute walk and are widely renowned for their unrivalled selection of restaurants.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please email our recruitment manager: