We have an exciting opportunity for an Editor to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office. You will join our awesome Weight Watchers (WW) team and will be responsible for the editorial strategy of the magazine as well as providing leadership to the team.
- Create editorial content for Weight Watchers and River
- Edit all commissioned WW content, and ensure it is aligned with WW and River ethical codes of practice and legal guidelines
- Provide leadership to all team members
- Work with Art Director on WW covers, writing coverlines, collaborating on image choice and ensuring all correct cover sign-off processes are followed
- Manage WW client-side stakeholders, as well as presenting issue synopsis and ensuring sign off on all magazine content
- Collaborate with ads sales to develop commercial opportunities
- Create WW content year planner in line with client and customer priorities
- Manage WW editorial budget to make efficient use of resources
- Manage content for WW online
Skills / Experience Required
- Previous editor experience on a lifestyle/health publication
- Understanding of and experience in the creation of food content
- Experience working on a UK newsstand magazine account
- Multi-channel editorial experience creating assets for digital and social platforms
- Agency/Client Facing experience is ideal
- Previous experience leading a large team
- Ability to be a brand ambassador for a large client
- Ability to organise photoshoots
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday, Perkbox scheme
9.30 to 6 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open plan office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga and jog in Hyde Park, often pop down to the pub and offer flexible working hours!