The River Group is an award winning content marketing agency with a staff who have worked on some of the most prestigious, well-known and well-respected titles in the industry.
We produce innovative content for brands such as Holland & Barrett, Superdrug, Co-op, Weight Watchers, Princess Cruises to mention just a handful. We’re based in a bright, airy, open planned office near Marble Arch tube, over the road from Hyde Park. We have our own private garden, which is amazing over summer!
We are currently looking for a Group Account Director to work across a selection of our major accounts.
- Run designated account/s, with full P&L responsibility, account strategy, client management, operational management and management of teams.
- Work (with the Managing Director and) teams of editorial, design, digital, print production, advertising sales and finance to manage the client expectations through the content publishing / deployment process and additional marketing, brand and online activity.
- Manage each account project from brief to completion; including budget creation, cost control, revenue streams, managing the day-to-day running of the account, liaising with all necessary parties to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget.
- Responsible for all aspects of the client and staff relationship, ensuring the clients’ objectives are met, monitoring budgets and proactively proposing new business ideas.
- Day to day management and liaison – 360 internal / external.
- Representing the client’s interests within River.
- Representing River to the client, at inter-agency meeting and at industry events.
- Content, editorial, creative and channel development via the Editor / Content director.
- Working with the River teams to produce the best possible content for the client, on time and within budget (client and River).
- To regularly review the competitor landscape and media and sector trends to inform account strategy and identify new business opportunities for the client account.
Skills & Experience Required
- Previous Account Management experience of newsstand / paid for magazines is a huge advantage
- Excellent client handling skills, bringing authority and gravitas to the position.
- Previous content strategy and marketing experience
- Project management experience
- Strong influencing skills.
- Strong financial and commercial acumen, budgeting skills and excel capability.
- Ability to see the bigger picture and act upon it.
- Prioritisation and delegation skills.
- Commercially astute & professional.
- Attention to detail and procedure.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Flexible – ‘can do’ attitude.
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga and jog in Hyde Park, often pop down to the pub and offer flexible working hours!
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday, Perkbox scheme
9.30 to 6 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
Salary: Dependent on experience
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please press the apply button or get in touch directly at email@example.com
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.
To apply please upload your CV to recruitment.