We have an exciting opportunity for a Group Account Director to join us to cover maternity leave within our Coop team.
This role is a full-time contract position for a 12 month period, based in our lovely Marble Arch office.
- Run the Coop account, with full P&L responsibility, account strategy, client management, operational management and team management
- Work (with the Managing Director and) teams of editorial, design, digital, print production, advertising sales and finance to manage the client expectations through the ‘publishing’ process and additional marketing, brand and online activity
- Manage each account project from brief to completion; including budget creation, cost control, revenue streams, managing the day-to-day running of the account, liaising with all necessary parties to ensure the project is delivered on time and within budget
- Manage all aspects of the client and staff relationship, ensuring the clients’ objectives are met, monitoring budgets and proactively proposing new business ideas
- Attend regular review and planning meetings, providing regular reporting and feedback
- Maintain an excellent understanding of the client’s marketplace, brand and competition
- Review the competitor landscape, media and sector trends regularly to inform account strategy and identify new business opportunities for the client
- Be pro-active with the new ideas
- Work with the River teams to produce the best possible content for the client, on time and within budget
- Represent the client’s interests within River and represent River to the client
- Management of an Account Manager direct report
Skills & Experience Required
- Proven experience in a similar role within the industry
- Experience in both print and digital publishing
- Project, client and conflict management
- Financial appreciation and budgeting skills
- Able to see the bigger picture
- Prioritisation and delegation skills
- Influencing and presentation skills
- Able to build rapport and relationships both internally and externally
- Proactive and positive approach
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga, jog in Hyde Park and often pop down to the pub.
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday
9.30 to 6.00 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.