Posted: 3 April
The River Group is currently recruiting for a New Business Development Director. Reporting directly to / supporting the Chief Executive Officer, Nicola Murphy. The main purpose of this role is to develop new revenue streams and business.
Your role as the New Business Development Director will include:
- Actively managing the day-to-day relationships with all new client queries and expectations throughout the sales cycle through to acceptance.
- Ensuring that River is proactive in the marketplace and is therefore in a primary position to win new business.
- Maintaining new client partnerships through networking and continuous communications.
- Meeting sales revenue targets, with a mixture of new business and existing business.
- Building a sufficient and ongoing pipeline of new business opportunities to ensure targets are met and exceeded.
- Formulating strategies to create growth and win pitches.
- Communicating with co-workers to gather information from the initial client or initial potential client meetings or conversations in order to prepare proposals and presentations.
- Conducting In-person meetings with end-client target contacts.
- Ability to maintain a disciplined focus on long-term business development outreach campaigns.
- Preparing complete custom proposal package for each potential client and ability to update and manage the internal team.
- Writing documents and presentations in support of all new business opportunities.
- Organising collateral to prepare for client presentations.
- Tracking complete proposals and follow up with clients on outstanding proposals.
- Continuous team communication and contribution to fine-tuning custom presentation items.
- Recommending and facilitating mailings.
- Sensitivity to design/branding and graphic design.
- Encouraging PR coverage and developing relationships and network with the press.
As the Business Development Director, you will:
- Have a proven track record in new business solutions.
- Be self-sufficient in self-generating appointments and activities that lead to opportunities.
- Have worked previously in a new business role within either a content marketing, media firm, ad-agency, etc.
- Have an understanding of the digital ecosystems.
- Demonstrate experience in relationship selling to C-level executives.
- Be able to travel where required.
- Be productive, resourceful and have a “can do” attitude.
- Have excellent time management and organisational skills, and flexibility to change direction according to the business needs.
- Demonstrate a willingness to communicate and collaborate with colleagues across borders.
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Be an ambassador for the business; attending events and hosting workshops to leverage opportunities and build greater awareness.
- Set priorities, establish objectives/milestones, schedule activities effectively and submit accurate and timely reports.
- Have excellent phone skills, think on your feet, present logically, listen to client needs, respond to objections, and create interest in a product.
- Be energetic – Maintains high productivity/activity level.
To apply please upload your CV to recruitment.