The River Group is an award-winning content marketing agency with a staff who have worked on some of the most prestigious, well-known and well-respected titles in the industry. We produce innovative content for brands such as Holland & Barrett, Superdrug, Co-op and Weight Watchers, to mention just a handful. We’re based in a bright, airy, open planned office near Marble Arch tube, over the road from Hyde Park and we have our own private garden, which is amazing over summer!
We are currently looking for a Publisher to run an account, publishing paid-for magazines and developing their online presence.
The Publisher will be responsible for all commercial aspects of their own and all other key River Publishing accounts as well as the day to day operational issues that may arise across the entire River portfolio to include:
- The Publisher is a key member of the River senior management team and will not only be required to manage client service levels to the highest standards possible but will be involved in setting and maintaining the standards for the entire portfolio.
- On their specific accounts the Publisher will, together with the Client, Editor, Creative Director, Editorial Director determine the positioning of each title, the short, mid and long term goals and the strategies required to achieve them. Similarly ensure that this process is implemented with all other publishing accounts.
- The Publisher will develop, implement and manage an overall budget for their specific accounts, and all others (with the MD).
- The Publisher will develop, implement and manage a trade and consumer marketing strategy to drive copy sales and subscriptions, working with the Circulation / Subs Manager.
- Direct the Promotions Manager to secure relevant competitions, partnerships and offers
- The Publisher will sign off advertising strategy and work closely with the Advertising director to drive advertising revenue
- With the relevant account team, the Publisher will develop a 1-3-year business strategy for each account. This will then be presented to and approved by the Directors. This strategy should include opportunities for organic growth as well as identifying new business opportunities from existing clients.
- The Publisher will report weekly to the Managing Director on progress on key financial and creative indicators.
- The Publisher will prepare a monthly, key point operational report for the Managing Director and the Board.
- The Publisher will hold a weekly meeting with each account team to assess account progress against targets.
The ideal candidate will have extensive experience as a Publisher across consumer titles. Hopefully you will have previously worked across consumer magazines, within women’s health, fitness, food, lifestyle, etc. Anyone that has experience working within a content marketing agency will have a definite edge. You’ll be self-motivated, ambitious, a strategic thinker and an effective time & people manager.
You’ll be comfortable with client contact at the most senior level and able to stand up to strong characters.
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please press the apply button or get in touch directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.