We have an exciting opportunity for a talented Senior Sales Executive to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office. You will join our Superdrug (DARE) team, working on our client’s very successful DARE in-store and newsstand magazines, delivering against ad revenue targets by selling directly to key advertisers and some media agencies.
(1) Advertising revenues
- Developing positive commercial relationships with key advertisers and media agencies.
- Achieve set revenue targets through a mix of telephone, face to face and digital communication as per set KPIs
- To develop, cost, propose, sell and implement a range of advertising solutions: display, creative solutions, sponsorship packages and advertorial ideas to potential advertisers.
- To use magazine, digital and industry insight to create meaningful presentations and sales messages.
- To work closely with the Advertising, Editorial and Account Management teams to suggest a pipeline of new ideas and revenue opportunities which are attractive to advertisers and that are appropriate for the titles that you work on.
- Accurately logging bookings and prospects in a timely fashion onto the invoicing/CRM system.
(2) To the ‘client’ – Superdrug (AS Watson)
- To have detailed and current knowledge of the client’s market and competitor activity.
- Operate at all times aligned to the client’s strategy and values, respecting any confidential information that you will encounter as part of your role.
- To build up strong and meaningful business relationship with the client’s buying and marketing teams to ensure that they will support your sales efforts with the client’s suppliers (effectively, your joint contacts and commercial partners).
- Excellent client-handling skills, bringing authority and gravitas to the position.
- Ability to influence direct advertisers, media agencies and the client.
- Confident in creating and delivering presentations.
- Strong Excel and presentation skills.
- Previous print and creative solutions media sales experience.
- Experience in the beauty/grooming/health/wellness sector would be an advantage.
- Experience of selling to agencies advantageous.
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga and jog in Hyde Park, often pop down to the pub and offer flexible working hours!
Pension, day off for your birthday, holiday sale/buy-back scheme
Competitive salary + generous sales-related bonus
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.