We have an exciting opportunity for a Senior Sub Editor to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office. You will join our ICAS team working on the UK magazine and digital channels.
- Ensuring that proofs are factually and grammatically correct.
- Setting and maintaining the magazine house style and working closely with the Editor to ensure the magazine adheres to brand guidelines.
- Overseeing copy flow between the departments and ensuring schedules are adhered to via weekly meetings and liaison with heads of department.
- Working on layouts before handing first proofs to editors for internal sign off.
- Providing gold standard back-up for any tech or financial content, compiling sources.
- Handling client sign-off of first proofs.
- Sending features to the appropriate client contacts for first stage sign off, making their changes as appropriate and finally uploading them for final sign off.
- Internally liaising with the features and the art department while working on proofs.
- Internally liaising with the promotions team on competitions and offers.
- Working closely with the Production Manager at repro stage and when creating schedules.
- Working with the advertising sales team on advertorials and promotions, both print and online.
- Must have current sub-editing experience as a Production Editor, Chief Sub-Editor, Deputy Chief Sub-Editor or Senior Sub Editor.
- Must have prior experience working across consumer, contract or B2B magazines, ideally within the field of business and/or finance.
- Anyone that has experience working within a content marketing agency will have a definite edge
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga, jog in Hyde Park and often pop down to the pub.
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday
9.30 to 6.00 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please press the apply button or get in touch directly at email@example.com
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.