We have an exciting opportunity for a Strategy & Planning Director to join our expanding company in our lovely Marble Arch office.
The role of the Strategy & Planning Director is to understand the current business models and client’s needs, identify and deliver potential areas of revenue growth, provide market, channel and audience insight for Group Account Directors and clients, support mergers and acquisitions as well as any other growth areas of the agency such as subsidiary companies and to represent The River Group in the industry.
- Understand trading principles and business models for each existing client
- Develop close relationships with existing clients, from all relevant departments / areas of their business to understand; their current and future needs, areas of critique/account threat, opportunity to generate additional revenue through incremental services
- Feedback to operational / account teams to respond and adapt relationships where needed
- Work closely with the GADs and the Editorial Director to lead strategic evolution of the products and services, and into the MD for the commercial business direction
- Work closely with the Board to identify growth opportunities within the agency including in-house skill sets, managing and maintaining third party relationships
- As part of the Mergers & Acquisitions team, assess appropriateness of potential agencies to buy, their skills and culture, assist in the purchasing process
- Help manage integration through internal communication and liaising between the two agencies
- Be an integral part in developing subsidiary River Group companies, pre-launch and ongoing
- Regarding new business, provide input and market insight, commercial strategy and create budgets where required
- Regarding marketing insight, maintain up to date market knowledge including; boundary pushing business models, commercial and audience trends, international markets and sector insights
- Be an expert in current and emerging content channels and audience preferences
- Maintain / lead relationships with industry bodies including PPA, FIPP, IDM etc
- Input all this expertise into client accounts and new business pitches
- Represent the agency, credibly and professionally, through publishing relevant thought leadership pieces and own opinion on social media and speaking/panel opportunities at conferences
- Provide advice, day to day mentoring and line management as required
- Proven experience in a similar role within the Marketing industry
- Ability to build rapport and long-term relationships both internally and externally
- Proactive and positive approach
Our Amazing Company
We are The River Group, the UK’s award winning & leading independent content marketing agency. We produce omnichannel content for the likes of Holland & Barrett International, Co-op, Superdrug, Weight Watchers International, Cunard and Ramblers.
We’re based in a bright, open planned office near Marble Arch tube. We have two private gardens, which are amazing over summer! We have our own office dog, we practice yoga & jog in Hyde Park and often pop down to the pub .
25 days holiday, pension, day off for your birthday
9.30 to 6.00 (Mon to Thu) 9.30 to 4.00 (Fri)
If you’d like to learn more about this role then please press the apply button or get in touch directly at firstname.lastname@example.org
Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice here before submitting your application.