As part of our candidate application and recruitment process River Group Content Ltd collects, processes and stores personal information about you. We process this information for a range of purposes relating to the recruitment process and this may include your application, assessment, pre-employment screening, and your employment onboarding.
This notice sets out:
- Why we collect your personal information;
- What information is collected and;
- How it is processed within the recruitment process.
Throughout this Privacy Notice we use the term “processing” to cover all activities involving your personal information, including collecting, handling, storing, sharing, accessing, using, transferring and disposing of the information.
Why do we collect your personal information?
In order to manage your application, we need to process certain personal information about you. The purposes for this are set out below. We only process your information as necessary to progress your application or as required by law or regulatory requirements, so not all of the purposes set out below will apply to you all of the time.
- Application: CV, name, address, employment history, academic and professional qualifications, age, diversity (i.e. gender. ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation), nationality;
- Assessment: CV, interview (face to face, telephone or video), assessments, such as a presentation or technical assessment;
- Pre-employment screening, i.e. references from previous employers
What personal information might we process?
Here are some examples of the type of information we may process.
- Personal details such as name, address, date and place of birth;
- Work history/job data; previous employers, positions, dates, etc.
- Compensation; basic salary, benefits, bonuses, etc.;
- Education and work history including professional qualifications and skills;
- Employer feedback / references
- Nationality / visa / right to work permit information; (e.g. passport, driving licence, National Insurance numbers)
- Assessment results
During the recruitment process we may also capture some sensitive personal data about you (e.g. disability information). We do this in order to make reasonable adjustments to enable our candidates to apply for jobs with us and to attend interviews.
Who do we share your personal information with?
River will share your personal information internally only as necessary.
The recruitment process will involve:
- Assessing and progressing your application,
- Assessing your suitability (skills and strengths for the role)
- Activities needed to complete the onboarding and screening process should your application be successful.
To enable these processes your personal information may be shared internally, but the information shared is limited to what is required by each individual to perform their role in the recruitment process.
Your personal information may be shared internally with the following people:
- Those employees who would have managerial responsibility for you or are acting on their behalf;
- Employees in HR who have responsibility for certain HR processes (for example recruitment and pre-employment background checks);
- Employees in Finance who have access to HR systems
- Employees in IT and system owners who manage user access;
River may also need to share your information with certain external third parties such as academic institutions (Universities, colleges, etc.) in validating information you’ve provided. We will inform you before doing this though.
How do we protect your information?
River takes your privacy seriously and takes every reasonable measure and precaution to protect and secure your personal data. We work hard to protect you and your information from unauthorised access, alteration, disclosure or destruction and have several layers of security measures in place.
You are entitled to see the information that River holds about you. You can also request changes to be made to incorrect information. You can ask for information to be deleted or blocked if you legitimately think that we shouldn’t be processing that information, or are processing it incorrectly.
If you have any queries about this notice or your personal information generally, including questions about accessing your personal information or correcting it, you should contact River’s HR Manager in the first instance. Please note, we may not be able to process your application without certain information.
Further information on your rights as a data subject can be found here
Data Protection Officer (DPO)
If you have any queries or concerns, our DPO is Andy Seaton, IT Manager. He can be contacted on email@example.com
Data Retention Period
Data is retained in the system for all applicants whilst the recruitment process is still ongoing. Unless you request that we do not, we may keep your CV on file for a period of 12 months for consideration for similar future employment opportunities. If we have not had meaningful contact with you within this period then we will delete your personal data from our systems, unless required to keep it by law or other regulation.
Right to complain
If you have not received a satisfactory internal response to your data enquiry, guidance from the Information Commissioner’s Office can be found here.
Sending data abroad
In most cases your data will only be stored within the EU. As a company River does use Microsoft Office 365, so your data, on occasion, may pass through their servers located in the US. Microsoft is committed to the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield.
Using Data for Further Purposes
The data kept is used for the purposes listed above. Should there be any change to the purpose behind your data being used we will inform you by way of an updated privacy notice.