Reports to: Digital Account Director
- Reporting into the Digital Account Director and working closely with teams of editorial, design, production and advertising sales, to manage the publishing process and any additional on-line activity across a portfolio of clients.
- Assist and report to the Digital Account Director to form part of the account management team that drives each project and is at the heart of the business.
- Co-ordination and administration, project management, presentation, influencing and communication skills, plus a strong financial appreciation and numerical ability are essential elements (excel and power point capabilities a must).
- The Account Manager will manage the day to day running and development of the accounts, aspects of the client and staff relationship, ensuring the clients marketing objectives are met, monitoring budgets and being proactive in finding and proposing new business opportunities.
- In summary, with the support of the Digital Account Director, help manage the commercial and marketing aspects of magazine production, as well creation and development of digital content, and independently handle the day-to-day running of the accounts.
- The Account Manager should draw on their experience, be quick and eager to learn and willing to get involved in all aspects of the publishing process.
- As a key member of the publishing team, the Account Manager is required to support the Digital Account Director in maintaining client service levels to the highest standard.
- This includes day-to-day management of client requests, and reporting of regular status meetings and ensuring all actions are carried out.
- Develop a strong and positive relationship with clients, understanding their working practices and pressures.
- Maintain control over costs agreed at the start of each year, ensuring that we are within budget.
- Ensure all costs are processed through the purchase order / cost log system.
- Liaise with the creative teams as directed by the Digital Account Director.
- Assist with booking of freelance staff as required.
Planning and organisation
- To be informed and knowledgeable within client’s market sector and client businesses.
- To be able to prioritise and plan work effectively.
- Attention to detail in all areas – i.e. contact reports, timing plans etc.
- A professional approach should be maintained at all times.
- A flexible and positive attitude is essential whilst at the same time being entirely honest and realistic.
- Previous experience working within an advertising agency, creative or content marketing agency within a Digital Account Manager position.
- Client services experience.
- Experience working across brands within retail, travel, food, health & fitness, women’s lifestyle, fashion and charities would be a definite bonus.
- Experience working with multi-departmental teams
- Enthusiastic and diligent.
- Commercially astute & professional.
- Attention to detail and procedure.
- Passion for digital content
- Excellent communication skills.
- Strong numerical Excel skills.
- Good with prioritising tasks and time management.
- Digital-first mindset
- Team player.
- Flexible – ‘can do’ attitude.
- Based on experience
- 25 days holiday.
- Perk Box.
- Summer and Christmas parties.
- Childcare voucher scheme.
- Office Hours are 9.30am to 6.00pm or 9.00am to 5.30pm (Monday to Thursday) and 9.30am to 4.00pm (Fridays).